Questions for our therapists?
Contact us today!
2311 S. Kansas Ave.
Newton, KS 67114
Directions on map
JOB OPPORTUNITY – Physical Therapist
The leading Physical Therapy clinic in Newton, Advanced Physical Therapy of Newton, is looking for a Physical Therapist to join our amazing team during this exciting time, as our patient volume is growing rapidly! Advanced Physical Therapy of Newton is a physical therapist owned office, with locations in Newton and Hesston that have been a service to Harvey County and the surrounding areas for 12 years. We are an outpatient clinic that treats anywhere from infants, sports injuries, workers comp, auto accidents, to geriatrics. We have been chosen from the community voted poll as the Newton Kansan’s “Best of the Best” the past years back to back, and we take pride in that. Our mission statement is to provide such comprehensive, individualized care, that patients would gladly refer friends, family, and physicians to our practice. We have a very upbeat, family friendly atmosphere, take pride in what we do, and are looking for a Physical Therapist who matches that.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient and family we serve. We are planning to reach 500 patient visits a week by next year. The current challenge we are facing to reach that goal is lack of a physical therapist.
The ideal candidate for this position is dedicated, loves what they do, and will provide patients with the highest level of care. The Physical Therapist must have experience with one on one care and has strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated work history and excellent references.
As a Physical Therapist your duties will include:
- Perform patient evaluations.
- Performs physical therapy treatment so patient makes progress up the functional outcome test.
- Educates patient on how the body should function, the impact of their injury and, their responsibility in participating actively in their physical therapy.
- Instructs PTAs on patient plan of care.
- Timely and effective communication with the PTAs for needed changes in plan of care and/or discharge planning.
- Timely and accurate patient documentation completed per policy.
- Promotes services to friends, families and past patients.
- Hand out referral cards.
- Promotes services and PT via technical articles written and participation in lectures, luncheons and events.
Education and/or Experience:
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school.
- Must be dependable, friendly, fun, highly organized, systematic, and an excellent ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with accuracy and properly prioritize.
- Certified in CPR.
While performing the duties of this job, must be able to stand for periods up to 8 hours at a time. Some physical therapy is manual; pushing, pulling and lifting will be done throughout the day.
We offer a competitive salary and exceptional bonus program, along with health benefits including medical, vision, and dental, 401K, PTO, and short & long-term disability. Opportunities through our development programs, and training seminars not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
New grads are welcome to apply! When sending your resume, attach a cover letter with three references please. Email to JBENSONAPT@GMAIL.COM